Full-time tenure track positions (Maternal Child, and Mental Health) at the Assistant Professor level for candidates who have completed doctoral coursework or full time lecturer with Master’s Degree that can convert to a tenure track upon completion of doctorate. An earned Master’s is required; an earned doctorate preferred.
Sacramento State offers a CCNE accredited baccalaureate program for generic and RN students and Master’s program. Faculty teach two 16 week semesters with approximately one month off between semesters, late December-January, and summer June to late August.
We offer a comprehensive pension and benefits package. See www.csus.peopleadmin.com for complete vacancy announcement and to submit an application. Sacramento State has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. AA/EEo Employer. Clery Act statistics available. Mandated reporter requirements. Background check is required.
Duties will include:
(1) Classroom instruction in the specialty area
(2) Direct supervision of students in community and agency based settings
(3) Participation in course revision and development
(4) Team teaching, including organizational abilities required for leading lecture and clinical courses
(5) Effective and clear communication, verbally and in writing with faculty, students, staff, and clients
(6) Student advising within the major
(7) Engaging in scholarly activities
(8) Serving on School, College, and University committees
(9) Providing service to the community of Sacramento and the professional community at large.
In the School of Nursing, many technologies are used. All courses contain an online component, and some lecture courses are entirely web-based. Applicants must possess the willingness to adapt their teaching strategies accordingly. Because clinical placement is variable, direct supervision of students in the community or an agency setting may occur at any time of the day, and on any day of the week. Clinical shifts may exceed eight hours. Applicants should be prepared to have teaching assignments or committee commitments four or five days a week
ABD candidates will be considered. If ABD, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by January 2020.
If enrolled in a doctoral program, candidates will be required to complete the doctoral degree by January 2020. Enrollment in and/or sustained progress in a doctoral program will be required for retention. If candidates complete a doctoral program, the full-time lecturer position may be converted to a tenure track position.
- Be eligible for licensure by California Board of Registered Nursing. - Graduate preparation/coursework in the area of teaching specialization
- Ability to work with a diverse campus community
- Minimum one-year cumulative clinical and/or teaching experience in the area of teaching specialization
- Minimum of 1 year recent clinical experience as an RN or instructor in the last 5 years.
The position requires the applicant to possess a valid California driver’s license and a safe driving record at the time of appointment. Before operating a vehicle on state business, the applicant must complete and sign the University’s vehicle use form. For further information on driving requirements, please visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/risk-management/driving-on-university-business.html.
If selected for the position, candidates must complete and pass a drug test in order to satisfy clinical agency requirements. Failure to complete this drug test may affect teaching assignments within the School of Nursing at CSU Sacramento
Additional Salary Information: Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience
Internal Number: 2360-Tenure Track faculty
About California State University, Sacramento
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region's students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Sacramento State is in the heart of Northern California and just five miles from the State Capitol. With more than 30,000 students and 1,600 full- and part-time faculty, Sacramento State is California's capital university. Quality teaching is a top priority at Sacramento State, which offers a wide range of degrees, programs, and career opportunities - and its lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas.