So Near, Yet So Far Ahead.
NP for Cancer Survivorship Program
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center is seeking an Oncology Nurse Practitioner to oversee our Survivorship Program for the Tate Cancer Center. Join a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals in implementing a comprehensive cancer program of medical, psychosocial and educational services to address the needs of cancer survivors.
- Leading and overseeing the ongoing development and expansion of the Survivorship Program.
- Establishing relationships, coordinating, collaborating and working effectively with oncology teams to move survivorship care into all clinical practices and embed research at Tate.
- Collaborating with medical professionals, health-related groups, primary care providers and other providers of ongoing care within the community to ensure continuity and quality care to all patients seen within the program.
- Performing independent comprehensive physical assessment and treatment assessment of Oncology, survivorship and symptom management patients.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program required.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner strongly preferred. Three (3) years Oncology nursing experience in ambulatory or inpatient environment strongly preferred. Will take into consideration a motivated individual with a desire to join this innovative team and learn the skills required. Able to demonstrate direct involvement in a multidisciplinary team caring for cancer patients.
Provider will be on staff at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center. UMBWMC is a suburban community hospital consisting of 311 beds with a medical staff of 600+ physicians, affiliated with the University of Maryland. In addition to a freestanding Comprehensive Cancer Center, UMBWMC's services include The University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Wound Healing Center, The Maryland Vascular Center, Joint & Spine Centers, Digestive Health Center and the Aiello Breast Center. UMBWMC recently opened 3 state of the art operating rooms as well as a 6 story patient tower, which includes 111 private medical surgical beds, a 24 bed intensive care unit, and a new obstetrical unit.
Baltimore Washington Medical Center is situated near the Chesapeake Bay, an enticing place to live, play and work because of the diversified lifestyles that are offered. The Hospital is located between Baltimore, Washington and Annapolis thus providing easy access to cultural, recreational and education opportunities.
Join the Baltimore Washington Medical Center medical staff community where physicians work together to improve the practice of medicine. For more information about a rewarding career at UMMS, please see the contact box to the right.
UMMS hospitals and health care facilities are equal opportunity employers and proud of an environment of diversity.