Responsible for the management, evaluation and development of the Employee Health program and its respective activities. Assures the program meets appropriate Federal, state, and local regulations. Work situations are a variety of routine and non-routine duties and responsibilities that require clinical expertise, excellent interpersonal and employee relation skills, good judgment, decision-making, and organization. This position interacts with and works closely with the Infection Prevention Manager.
Reports to: Director of Quality/Infection Prevention Manager
1. Assures all annual requirements and/or testing is completed and recorded appropriately to meet all federal, state and local regulatory agency requirements for appropriate departments/employees. Evaluates Employee Health program and makes suggestion for improvements in priorities and processes.
2. In coordination with the Human Resources Department, provides oversight to the Workers Comp Program and Medical Leave of Absence in terms of light duty recommendations and assignments, follow up and follow through with physicians and other providers and regular meetings with the employee to facilitate a safe and timely return to work. This includes implementing ergonomic strategies in the workplace.
3. Works in coordination with Human Resources to assure all post job offer requirements are met for all new hires students and volunteers, including preemployment vaccinations. Responsible for evaluation and follow-up of all routine health work. Ensure compliance for accreditation surveys by performing audits of employee health test records and following up on outstanding individual vaccinations or tests.
4. Facilitates testing, counseling and follow-up of employees receiving accidental exposures. Screens each employee to determine the extent of exposure and need for follow-up treatment based on exposure plan. Assists with the arrangement with testing and follow-up required when an outbreak of infectious disease occurs.
5. Establishes and maintains a centralized system for recording, reporting and evaluating the Employee Health activities. Recognizes the importance of organized data.
6. Manages annual flu vaccine program and administers vaccinations hospital-wide and per employee request.
7. Maintains and assures Respiratory Protection Program and Exposure Control Plan are implemented facility-wide, in accordance with all federal, state and local regulatory agency requirements.
8. Manages the Employee Illness Report and prepares summary reports of employee illnesses for monitoring and evaluation of trends or patterns to assure appropriate corrective actions are taken by the IP Committee
Required Education & Experience:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Must have current Wyoming Registered Nurse license at time of hire.
Prior nursing experience in Employee Health or Occupational Health, or in Public Health with related experience.
Prefered Education & Experience: