Providence is calling a Staff Registered Nurse (Full Time, Day Shift) to the Operating Room at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, fish, hunt and just take in some scenic views of Kodiak Island, also known as "Emerald Isle" for its breathtaking vibrant landscape? Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! Rated #1 in the Providence System for patient satisfaction, PKIMC works closely with the interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. And our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States. You'll put your outstanding communication and leadership skills to good use on a variety of tasks like:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active Alaska state RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) within 90 days of hire.
- Twelve (12) months experience as an operating room RN working with the patient population similar to department of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years experience as a registered nurse in the operating room
- Pre-op and Post-op a plus
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, 2 room operating room suite, 1 procedure room, four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 142719