Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to our ALS Program at Providence Professional Plaza in Portland, OR.
This unique RN opportunity offers a 0.8 FTE role with a day shift schedule within the Monday-Friday work week. At the ALS Program, our nurses care for patients with a progressive and inevitably fatal neuromuscular condition, offering compassionate care and complex coordination at the top of the RN scope of practice.
This opportunity comes with excellent benefits, offering medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid vacation and sick time, free Trimet pass, free parking, and more.
In this position, you will:
- Develop skills for monitoring medical, physical, and psychiatric care needs of patients receiving nursing care from the Providence Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Center.
- Facilitate the patient care flow in the clinic while providing direct patient care for an assigned provider and case management for designated patients.
- Provide nursing assessment of patients who are managed by the interdisciplinary care team and coordinate patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship.
- Become responsible for patient scheduling, telephone advice, and pharmacy needs, coordinate a multi-disciplinary ALS clinic, patient education, complex case management, which requires navigating regulatory and insurance barriers, referrals and working with multiple vendors, performing Pulmonary Function Tests, and replacing feeding tubes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited registered nurse (RN) school of nursing.
- Current Oregon RN license or ability to obtain prior to hire
- Washington license required within 30 days of start date
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Washington RN license (required within 30 days of start date)
- Experience in telephone triage, outpatient clinic, ambulatory care, home health, acute care, hospice, and/or case management.
- Prior experience with an electronic medical record system
- Experience with EPIC
- Proficient in keyboarding, and Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of ALS management or nursing care of patients with neurological conditions
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 147857