Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Medical Surgical Department at Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
In this position you will:
- Provide quality nursing care to all hospital patients and residents, working directly with assigned nursing staff in the provision and maintenance of quality patient care.
- Be competent to access and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological process.
- Be responsible for assisting the Clinical Resource Manager and Director of Patient Care Services with administrative functions, assuming responsibility for the Nursing Services Department in the event of nursing administration absence.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Current unencumbered RN license with the State of Alaska
- BLS Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) within 90 days.
- NRP, TNCC, EPNC and PALS within 6 months
- Excellent telephone, verbal and interpersonal skills, including listening skills and counseling
- Physical agility to respond in a quick manner and in accordance with established facility practice regarding unexpected patient safety needs, and the ability to assist with lifting and transferring of patients.
- Knowledge of commonly used medications and their effects
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of nursing experience
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 133212