Providence is calling a full time, variable shift Assistant Nurse Manager to our Float Pool Unit at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills CA.
In this position you will:
- Assist the Nurse Manager in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating services of the unit
- Manage and coordinate the unit, direct and supervise functions and activities
- Interpret policies/procedures/protocols, standards, and regulations as appropriate
- Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association
- Minimum 3 years Telemetry/acute care experience
- At least 1 year Charge Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse experience
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven leadership ability and hospital operational expertise
- Mentoring/coaching ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and electronic communication
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- ANCC recognized Specialty certification
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138 bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 150798