Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Clinic Float Staffing Department at Providence Medical Group in Portland, OR.
We have two positions available for recent nursing school graduates who are interested in joining our Float Pool in the Portland metro area. If you want to explore various clinic settings and gain exposure to multiple areas of specialty, this is a fantastic opportunity for you!
In this position, you will:
- Be the professional responsible for facilitating the patient care flow in the clinic while providing direct patient care for an assigned provider.
- Facilitate the workflow in the area by conducting nursing assessments and documentation.
- Contribute expertise in the areas of patient scheduling, telephone advice and pharmacy needs.
- Assist with maintaining compliance to professional nursing standards and regulatory requirements and will support physicians in delivering quality health care to patients taking into account the patients' individual physical or age-related needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- College degree in nursing
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) license
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
- Skills assessing vital signs, providing direct patient care, managing time effectively, and practicing safety techniques
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1-3 years of experience in an ambulatory setting in a medical office
- 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care area
- Emergency department or urgent care nursing experience
- Experience working independently without supervision
- Experience working in multiple diverse clinical environments
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 153048