Providence is calling a Diagnostic Imaging Assistant III (Per Diem, Variable Shift) to work in the Radiology Clinic at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking an assistant who will assist the supervisor with the day to day workload in support of Diagnsotic Imaging Operations and facilitates communication with patients, department staff and other hospital departments and radiologist. This position will require occasional night shifts.
In this position you will:
- Assist with the daily operations of the RIS.
- Record vital signs, maintain equipment, and respond to document service requests.
- Assist in maintaining radiographic files.
- Maintain a professional presence in a busy, chaotic environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of healthcare facilities operations, systems and equipment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or receive certification within 90 days
- Prior experience in healthcare setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years experience as DI Assistant or Electronic Imaging Assistant
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
- Experience with PACS or RIS systems
- Medical Terminology
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 153353