Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.85 FTE, Days\) to work in the Ambulatory Infusion Center at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
Registered Nurses \(RN\) are responsible for working in a team environment using a multidisciplinary approach, with a team of care providers, providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\. With passion, skill, creativity, respect, and a positive approach, RNs assume accountability to peers, and function as a strong team players in caring for patients\.
In this position you will:
- Collect pertinent assessment data that includes present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information utilizing input from patient, significant other, and/or healthcare team members as applicable\.
- Develop, review, and revise an individualized care plan within the time frame identified in documentation standards\.
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate\.
- Be responsible for delegation and supervision of personnel that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree required upon hire\. All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader\.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS Certification
- 1 year experience with like population of hiring unit and demonstrated leadership accomplishments
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Infusion experience in an acute care setting\.
- Experience working in an outpatient setting\.
- Infusion certification\.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 151331