This position is responsible for the effective operational management of the following Centers of Excellence: Joint, Spine, Fracture, Stroke, Oncology and Bariatrics. This includes monitoring clinical effectiveness based on knowledge of best practice standards, and adheres to regulations set by regulatory agencies. Work interdepartmentally to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
1. Provide leadership and direction for Centers of Excellence in accordance with the organization's mission and values, as well as Nursing's core ideology.
2. Collaborates with other disciplines to achieve overall healthcare goals.
3. Ensures the development, implementation and evaluation of policies, programs and services that are evidence-based and consistent with professional standards and values.
4. Is accountable for measurement, assessment and improvement of the centers of Excellence processes and organizational outcomes.
5. Ensures a professional nursing practice environment that empowers nurses and provides effective, safe, compassionate and quality care.
6. Is accountable to ensure the competence and on-going professional growth of nursing staff within the Centers of Excellence.
7. Is accountable for hiring, retention, coaching, counseling and planning for Program Directors and Coordinators.
8. Is responsible for the Centers of Excellence volume targets and operational budget including development and monitoring of financial effectiveness.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.