This position supports the Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Program team by coordinating and participating in various community outreach activities and educational events for the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt. The position reports directly to the Pediatric Trauma Injury Prevention Program Manager.
Engage in varying outreach and hospital-based activities and tabling events (i.e. health fairs, community fairs, festivals, and events, etc.) as well as educational presentations focused on children's health
Typical Duties and responsibilities:
* Assist in scheduling special events such as workshops, fairs and presentations.
* Responsible for setup of events and gathering appropriate materials for distribution at events.
* Assists in the creation and conducts presentations customized to audiences which include medical staff, child care providers, legislators, parents and other community stakeholders.
* Maintains detailed records of the services provided.
* Produces newsletters, annual reports, news releases, brochures, fliers, and all other marketing and public relations materials.
* Takes pictures at events to capture details of events.
* Assist with social media efforts including Facebook and Twitter.
* Prepares communications and reports as needed.
* Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, media, vendors and the general public. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
* Respond to public and community inquiries on home safety initiative.
* Oversee the maintenance of a community database of interested parties.
* Stays current on upcoming outreach events; including outreach at community events and/or festivals.
* Assist with surveys and follow- up phone calls as needed.
* Assists with data entry.
1. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and use of internet.
2. Ability to read, write and interpret reports for a diverse audience.
3. Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
4. High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
5. Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills. Must be self- motivated, proactive and solution focused.
6. Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills.
7. Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
8. Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
9. Knowledge and interest in working with diverse communities
10. Flair for creating engaging displays and public education materials
11. Available to attend evening and weekend community events and meetings
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Valid TN Driver's License and appropriate insurance coverage. Job requires a significant amount of travel so candidate must be comfortable driving a cargo van
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required. One to two years' experience in event management.
The physical demands described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job: As a part of the team, the position will be required to assist in the physical set-up and preparation for special events and activities. Many meetings and events require evening and weekend attendance. Must be comfortable driving a cargo van to events. Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of MCJCH. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Internal Number: 1912571
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.