JOB TITLE: Manager of Community Health Services (BSN or MSW)
LOCATION: Pittston, PA
DEPARTMENT: Population Health
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: FULL TIME
The Population Health Support Services Manager is responsible to provide direct supervision and development of the Community Health Assistant role. This position reports to the assigned Director of Health Services.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
· Demonstrates customer focused interpersonal skills to interact in an effective manner with providers, peers, community agencies, patients, and families with diverse opinions, values, and religious and cultural ideals.
· Demonstrates ability to work autonomously and be directly accountable for practice.
· Demonstrates ability to influence and negotiate individual and group decision-making.
· Demonstrates ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
· Demonstrates leadership qualities including time management, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, problem solving and decision-making, priority setting, work delegation and work organization.
· Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, active listening skills, assertiveness, conflict resolution and collaboration skills.
· Demonstrates the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
· Requires Pennsylvania Driver’s License and ability to travel frequently to supervise direct reports.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· BS in Nursing or Master in Social Work required.
· Minimum of five years community based health care experience required, previous supervisory experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.