JOB TITLE: Senior Director Geisinger Health Foundation
LOCATION: Professional Building (Geisinger Community Medical Center), Scranton, PA
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Assists in advancing the philanthropic commitments of patients, physicians, employees, community members and others in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and donors’ wishes.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Attracts, develops, and retains talent by creating an inclusive work environment that fosters employee engagement by building relationships of trust through active listening, empowering, caring, support and coaching
• Drives achievement of results by diagnosing business issues, setting high standards, developing plan(s) and process(as), creating an atmosphere of high performance, and holding others accountable
• Motivates others to act by forging positive relationships internally and externally for the strategic benefit and outcome achievement of Geisinger’s mission and goals; personally demonstrates integrity, trust, accountability, collaboration, and empathy in all interactions
• Builds strong and lasting relationships within own department and across departments through collaboration, mutual respect, shared decision making , credibility, reliability and communication while always keeping Geisinger’s mission in the forefront of w
• Acts as a catalyst for change and innovation; Energizes others to embrace change and champions the transformation of the organization in new and effective directions.
• Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans aligned to Geisinger’s mission and long-term interests. Builds a shared vision with others and acts as a catalyst to transform and pursue organizational change.
Minimum of 5 years Related work experience
Minimum of 5 years Managerial/Supervisory
Bachelor's Degree in Related Field of Study
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
One of the nation’s most innovative health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 1.5 million patients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The system includes 13 hospital campuses, a nearly 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. A physician-led organization, with approximately 32,000 employees and more than 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger leverages an estimated $12.7 billion positive annual impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Repeatedly recognized nationally for integration, quality and service, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to patient care, medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit geisinger.org or connect with us onFacebook, Instagram, LinkedInand Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.