Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing, delivering, and coordinating nursing care for the Heart & Vascular patient in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Nursing Department. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed employee activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care /interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of treatment plan/MD orders, and evaluation of care rendered. The RN must effectively communicate and document data relevant to the care of the patient. The RN utilizes knowledge of patient age, cultural diversity, and psychosocial and/or spiritual needs into the patient’s plan of care. The RN contributes to the promotion of quality nursing care through performance improvement processes that demonstrates positive outcome in patient care. In addition, the RN collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcome.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1 .Utilizes the nursing process and practice standards as a framework for the management of patient care.
2. Analyzes the assessment data to determine a nursing diagnosis and appropriate interventions.
3. Demonstrates the ability to utilize effective critical thinking skills.
4. Demonstrates leadership in the coordination of patient care across the healthcare continuum with progress towards meeting desired patient outcome.
5. Delegates to licensed and unlicensed personnel.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the clinical information system and applies principles to patient documentation.
7. Formulates a teaching plan, based on identified patient learning needs, and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching plan as necessary.
8. Serves as a role model and mentors new staff members.
9. Demonstrates the ability to integrate knowledge of job specific competencies.
10. Identifies, develops and implements an action plan for self-development/professional growth that also includes peer review.
11. Identifies subtle as well as obvious patient problems and reports to an appropriate resource person considering multidisciplinary team members and/or Chain of Command.
12. Addresses the age specific needs of all populations served: adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
13. Contributes to an effective and safe working environment.
14. Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and discretion in order to maintain good relations with others.
15. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner.
16. Ability to prioritize and multitask.
17. Ability to be at work and be on time.
1 year experience in an acute care/telemetry setting preferred
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.