Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides business administrative support to assigned administrators, including executive directors with system-wide responsibilities, in overall planning, development and administration of services(s). Assists in ensuring quality and cost effective patient care services by assisting in the standardization of processes and procedures and evaluation of process improvement initiatives. May create and analyze various statistical reports and/or develop and monitor budgets for assigned areas. Reviews expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to monthly estimated budget.Participates in financial studies by gathering data and performing financial analyses. Assists with the marketing and communication of services; analyzes operational functions by tracking appropriate information and ensuring maximum utilization.
It is recognized that specific tasks may vary widely in type and frequency within functional areas or across services based on the nature of the customer/stakeholder population being served. Therefore, a functional area or service may appropriately add to or delete from individual duties in the standardized Operations Support Specialist job summary and develop a more detailed and department-specific position description. Position descriptions are created and maintained by the department.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelors degree Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field. Coursework towards Masters degree in Hospital Administration or Business Administration is desirable.
2. years progressively more responsible related experience in health care administrative setting.
3. Program/project management experience within a healthcare environment preferred.
1. Analytical ability required to collect, analyze and interpret complex financial reports, studies and processes and to present findings to management.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with various levels of health care personnel on a daily basis. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Project management skills including the ability to define program, project, or process objectives, identify stakeholders and their interests, plan steps, coordinate and allocate human, technological and fiscal resources to accomplish goals and objectives in a resourceful yet timely manner.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Ability to perform varied mathematical computations and to see relationships between data and to draw valid conclusions. Technical understanding of various computer software packages, such as spreadsheets, word processing, statistical analysis, database management, work flow and graphics programs.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 8:00 AMShift End: 5:00 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005023198
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.