Medical Social Worker I AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Location Address: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach
Faith-based growing organization
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
Close to sunny Florida Beaches
Part Time / Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Evaluates the patient’s social service needs, and discharge planning referrals; identifies discharge planning needs in accordance with established criteria and social work scope of services.
· Assists the patient/family and healthcare team in implementing the discharge plan including completing a social work discharge assessment on every admission to include on -going reassessments, adhering to hospital or departmental policies and processes.
· Communicates with the patient/family and healthcare team to assess and identify individual discharge needs and desires, including those specific to the age of the patient being served (neonate, child, adolescent, adult, geriatric).
· Assist the patient/family in investigating eligibility and applying for Charity, Medicaid or SSI by completing a case referral to the financial counselor services.
· Communicates with extended care facilities to assure bed availability and arranges placement.
· Arranges transportation for emergent and non-emergent transfers via ambulance, air ambulance, helicopter, non-emergency transport and commercial airlines.
· Arranges care at home including, necessary equipment and personnel prior to patient discharge.
What You Will Need:
· Master of Social Work
· Accredited MSW Degree from School of Social Work
· Computer proficiency required.
· Requires excellent communication skills.
· 1-year experience in acute care setting preferred
· Verbal ability, assertiveness, and diplomacy to deal with position requirements.
· Verbalize understanding, and or communicate medical terminology.
· Produce and discern medical record documentation.
· Record and keep statistical information.
· Consistently maintain the professional standards of behavior when in contact with patients, families, clinical staff, and community - based healthcare partners.
Hospital Medical Social Worker role involve identifying patient’s specific needs, and coordinating linkage with community agencies, in-home services, and institutional short-term and long-term placement for continuing care.Assists the patient, family/guardian and all members of the healthcare team in the discharge planning process. Contributes to the monitoring of the quality and appropriateness of patient care delivered. Responsible for the reporting and analysis of patient satisfaction survey data. Provides for safe and supportive environment for all patients, families and coworkers. Promotes and provides for optimum patient outcomes through use of Social Services scope of practice and scope of services. The scope of services are hospital-wide/organizational, whereas, services may involve patient/family interventions in any inpatient setting or outpatient services area, including the Emergency Department. Provides patient and family advocacy, and support patient’s choice and patient rights during hospitalization.Understands the relationship of hospital utilization review, care coordination, patient access, discharge planning, and acute care or community –based social services.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.