A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Welcome to Banner Ocotillo Medical Center. It's our privilege to be the newest Banner Hospital, serving the Chandler community and surrounding area! As a people centered facility the focus of our Banner Ocotillo Women and Infant Services department is family! This state-of-the-art service line allows families to seamlessly move through their birthing experience. From the moment our families enter one of our triage rooms, moving to one of 6 fully equipped L and D rooms and finally resting in one of 18 AP/PP private rooms they will feel the difference. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to cross train and expand their specialty skill set. Having a mastery of professional communication and a desire to teach peers are considered essential skills. This facility is open to midwives and Doulas, our level two special care baby unit will be staffed 24/7 with nurse practitioners.
Our Women and Infant Services (WIS) department at Banner Ocotillo Medical Center is growing, and we are excited to welcome new staff to join our team! As a Surgical Technician in the WIS/L&D unit, you will have the opportunity to care for women experiencing childbirth in a supportive level II environment. This is a part-time, night shift position. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential!
The new state of the art Banner Ocotillo Medical Center is located on the southeast corner of Alma School Road and Loop 202 Santan Freeway. It is a four story, 245,000 square foot comprehensive medical care center situated on an 18-acre campus. We are a 96 bed facility with room for expansion utilizing innovative technology to provide excellent inpatient and outpatient care, services include imaging, surgery, labor and delivery, intensive care and emergency room services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
7. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and current basic life support certification.
Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency
The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient.
Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 2 years of operating room experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.