In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Banner Health invests in our nurses by training them to confidently and safely deliver excellent patient care. Banner Health is committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Great options and great opportunities.
Banner Health is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse Simulation Specialist to join our Simulation Team at McKee Medical Center in Loveland, Colorado. This Registered Nurse Simulation Specialist will work with our clinical staff to allow them a safe place to practice high-risk skills using simulation scenarios. Simulation Education is a bridge between classroom learning and real-life clinical experience. This position is full-time at 40-hours per week. Interested candidates should apply!!
Should you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at 970-810-6347 or email@example.com.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position implements education programs for several service line workforce needs to achieve successful simulation education and training. Plans, designs, implements and evaluates simulation based learning and development outcomes to support the achievement of workforce goals, facility and regional strategies and initiatives. Provides expert consultation and critique to simulation development.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as an internal consultant for simulation design. Designs workforce learning and development outcomes which support facility strategies and initiatives. Conducts assessment of current and projected workforce development needs and provides efficient, effective, high quality programs and services in response. Provides guidance on clinical issues for various service line areas. Serves as a resource for policy and procedures, standards of care, and external agency requirements.
2. Coordinates and assists in all development of scenarios and training in conjunction with faculty and staff to integrate simulation usage into clinical curriculum. Researches, plans, implements and evaluates curriculum content and sequence. Incorporates proficient clinical practice, safety, and patient centered care in all educational scenarios. Programs, tests and runs scenarios with faculty, assuring that faculty and equipment are prepared for teaching scenarios.
3. Directly responsible for the development and delivery of employee development programs and designated learning programs which attract new recruits, retain current staff and improves quality of care. Ensures timely delivery and integration between plan objectives and design in order to obtain intended program impact and stakeholder/participant satisfaction while managing required resources effectively.
4. Uses advanced knowledge to execute set-up, programming, maintenance, use, disassembly, and troubleshooting of simulation equipment. Demonstrates and teaches technical and philosophical aspects of operating and programming simulators to staff. Develops a schedule of simulator activities to include periodic review and maintenance of equipment.
5. Implements, interprets, and evaluates learning goals and objectives. Implements assessment tools to be integrated as competency measures in all aspects of simulation based education. Evaluates learning effectiveness using standardized outcome measurements. Uses performance measures and workforce needs to drive education plans and learning strategies.
6. Manages and leads program development of new systems, applications, software conversions and upgrades, and media integration maintaining partnerships and troubleshooting. Identifies opportunities for technology improvement and integration into healthcare education.
7. Conducts regular evaluations and critiques of programs, soliciting recommendations from both internal and external customers.
8. Provides consultation for research projects; guides and/or directs process. Effectively translates research outcomes into actions, working with others to improve overall quality and cost effectiveness of patient care.
9. This position designs simulation based clinical training programs for all levels of clinical staff and providers for both internal and external facilities. This position is also responsible for research and applicable grant funding.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care, education, and/or technology as normally demonstrated through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing, healthcare, education, technology, or related field.
Requires a current RN license.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care as normally demonstrated through 5 years of recent experience in an acute care setting. Requires 2 years experience using adult learning principles. Requires the ability to facilitate shared understanding and creative team processes. Develops collaborative relationships that foster synergy, creative solutions and successful results. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must also have familiarity with programming and troubleshooting software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's degree in nursing, healthcare or adult learning preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.