MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. Under general supervision of the unit's nursing management the Clinical RN performs duties to ensure quality patient care through the health care continuum. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow-up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's.
2. LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Ensures proper staffing patterns according to established nurse-patient ratios. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings and other related activities. May serve as charge person.
3. DOCUMENTATION: Maintains thorough and complete documentation according to established legal and Hospital guidelines. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
4. COMMUNICATION: Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families effectively. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate.
5. EDUCATION: Keeps current with nursing skills, equipment, and unit specific knowledge. Provides patient/family teaching, may act as a preceptor, assists with the professional development of the unit.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Current RN license - Massachusetts. BLS required. Experience in Department; great interpersonal skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
INCLUDES EVERY OTHER WEEKEND AND EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY
Primary Location: Natick, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
If Other Shift, Specify: Every other weekend and holiday required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
The National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health's (NPWH) mission is to ensure the provision of quality primary and specialty healthcare to women of all ages by women's health and women's health focused nurse practitioners.