JOB SUMMARY: The LPN2 supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care. Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment. All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations.
Sign On Bonus: $10,000 (Paid out after 60 days of employment. Former Vanderbilt employees must be separated for at least 1 year to qualify.)
40 hr week
Monday - Friday
The Vanderbilt Department of Otolaryngology cares for patients with ear, nose and throat and related disorders. U.S. News & World Report ranks Vanderbilt Otolaryngology among the top 20 programs in the nation for ear, nose and throat care. We are the number-1 adult hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville. We are national leaders in research and innovative treatments.
Our state-of-the-art clinical facility, the John S. Odess Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery Clinic, offers the most advanced technology and techniques available. We also serve patients at the Vanderbilt Voice Center, the Asthma Sinus Allergy Program, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt and the Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center at St. Thomas.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics:among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal:Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association:among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Collaborates with patients/families and health care providers in the delivery of health care services.
Partners with the healthcare team by following established plan of care to ensure patient progress for effective outcomes.
Support plans to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
LPN PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
LPN CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Participates in the development of the plan of care in consultation with the licensed healthcare team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously, prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Contributes to the nursing assessment by collecting, reporting, and recording objective and subjective data in an accurate and timely manner.
CLINICAL COMPETENCY (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate nursing interventions (such as wound care, point of care testing, vitals signs, etc.) in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.
The National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health's (NPWH) mission is to ensure the provision of quality primary and specialty healthcare to women of all ages by women's health and women's health focused nurse practitioners.