Location: Millersburg, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full time (40 hours per week) M-F Days with Sat am rotation
Provides nursing care and staff guidance for clinical issues, under the direction of the physicians at the site.
1. Supports the provider staff and actively promotes efficient operation and quality care, and legendary customer service for pediatric patients using a team approach.
2. Responsible for precepting new employees and acts as a mentor to the clinical staff.
3. Provides patient assessment as required
4. Participates in the development education for all staff members for clinically related issues.
5. Assesses clinical competency and participates in the evaluation process of the clinical staff, both at 90 days and annual evaluations.
6. Works routinely with patients and their families as an advocate for health maintenance of children and promotes a positive public image in all interactions with families, vendors, and the general public.
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
8. Provides consultations and requests consults as directed and in accordance with hospital bylaws. Assists with and facilitates discharge planning.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and motivation to other staff members with emphasis on working as a collaborative team to provide quality service to patients and their families.
2. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
3. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills are required.
4. Strong organizational skills are required.
5. Ability to work well under pressure to prioritize and complete required tasks and responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Experience working with various levels within an organization is required.
7. Experience in pediatric ambulatory care is preferred.
8. Strong computer skills with experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or similar software is required.
9. Experience with an electronic medical record system (i.e. EPIC) is preferred.Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required. Candidates hired without a BSN must obtain the degree within 5 years from date of hire.
2. Current certification in Basic Life Support training from the American Heart Association is required.
3. Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio is required.
4. Years of relevant experience: Minimum 2 years of experience is preferred.
5. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: