$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Under the direction of providers (defined as an MD, DO, DPM, NP or PA) or RNs, reporting to the Clinical Advisor, the LVN / LPN provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and procedures approved by WellMed and applicable state board of nursing. Is an active member of the health care team to assess patients’ needs, provide input into the plan of care and implement prescribed interventions.
- Perform all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational / Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, medication administration, EKGs, phlebotomy) as determined by the applicable State Board of Nursing
- Participate in implementing established education plans for patients and their families with common health problems and well-defined health learning needs
- Coordinate patient care as directed by providers, RNs, and policies, including referrals, transition visits, medications, procedures and follow up
- Document chief complaint and rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Telephonically obtain information on chief complaint and symptoms and accurately relays information to provider
- Collect data and performs “focused” nursing assessment of patients; assist in the evaluation of a patient’s response to treatment and identify patient’s needs; communicate findings to the provider
- Record patient assessment and care in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Review the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for patients prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider and / or RN
- Provide a safe environment (OSHA standards) for patients and staff in the clinic
- Ensure patient confidentiality (HIPAA) at all times and treat patients with courtesy and respect
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Practice standard infection control precautions
- Ensure medication management follows policies and procedures; appropriately documents medications & immunizations in patient records
- Follow laboratory management polices & procedures and CLIA standards; collects lab samples and ensures proper labeling
- Fulfill medication refill requests following approved protocols
- If certified in IV therapy; start peripheral lines, monitor and adjust flow rates, prime IV lines, change dressing on IV sites (if needed) and discontinue venous lines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current and unrestricted State Vocational / Practical Nursing license
- Current BLS certification
- If required by clinic, IV certification must be obtained
- Experience reacting calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Expereince performing medical procedures, giving injections and perform phlebotomy
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with providers / staff, patients, and the community
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- IV certification
- 2+ years of experience in a medical setting
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Effective listening and communication skills; proper use of grammar and spelling
- Good communication and customer service skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.