Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Foundation Health Partners:
Foundation Health Partners is a community-owned and operated health system in Fairbanks, Alaska, comprised of 3 facilities, including Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Tanana Valley Clinic, and Denali Center, a long-term care facility. As the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are highly committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors.
FHP is proud to offer its providers:
- Professional autonomy and clinical work freedom.
- Strong commitment to work-life balance. Not just words, our leadership values your time.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary with scalable income opportunities.
- Paid CME/licensure and malpractice insurance.
- Opportunity to collaborate with the state's most extensive multidisciplinary health system.
- Consult, collaborate, and access Mayo Clinic resources through FHP's partnership with Mayo Clinic Care Network
- EMR goal - one patient, one chart, one bill.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status = eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
Submit your CV for consideration to Mikki Bateman, Provider Recruiter, at 907-458-2729 or email@example.com Visit our website at Physicians of Foundation Health Partners - Foundationhealthpartners Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer.
Living in Fairbanks:
As the second largest city in Alaska, Fairbanks offers a unique blend of large town amenities, breathtaking landscapes, and plenty of wide-open space, making this community one of the most special in the country. With a rich history and plentiful diversity, Fairbanks is proud to be called the Golden Heart City, and only once you visit will you understand the name to be true.
- Second largest city in Alaska at 100,000 residents.
- College Town - University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF Community & Technical College
- Military Community - Ft. Wainwright Army Post & Eielson Air Force Base.
- 23 Elementary Schools | 4 Middle Schools | 5 High Schools | robust youth sports programs
- No state income tax and no sales tax.
Summer activities: Midnight sun, hiking, fishing, camping, gold panning, kayaking, berry picking, community-wide festivals, and events.
Winter activities: Northern lights, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling, ice fishing, dog mushing, hunting, ice art, etc.
- Daily job duties and expectations
- Provide initial evaluation and medication management services for new and established patients to include initial diagnosis and ongoing treatment plan
- Clinical Support
- Shared case manager and clinic tech
- Screen incoming referrals for patient care
- Track down previous records if applicable
- Room patients on day of appointment with vitals and intake/screening questions
- Coordinate outgoing referrals for additional care for patients
- 40 hours, 5 days a week. No call, nights or weekends.
- Patients per day
- Between 8-10 patients a day depending on combination of new/established patients
Must possess knowledge of clinical care and patient treatment as normally obtained through the completion of master's degree in nursing.
Must be approved to practice as an Adult NP (ANP), Adult Psychiatric & Mental Health NP (APMHNP), or Family Psychiatric & Mental Health NP (FPMHNP), by the State Board of Nursing by proof of license/certification.
Requires current RN license in state of practice. Must be certified to practice by the State Board of Nursing within a particular population as a nurse practitioner. Requires personal DEA license or must have prescribing and dispensing authority granted by the state board of nursing. Depending on business need/area of focus, this position may require graduation from an ACNM accredited nurse-midwifery education program, as well as a current NRP certification. Additional technical and professional certifications may be required based on type of nurse practitioner and scope of delineation document under medical staff services for an individual facility.
DNP or PhD preferred. Current BLS certification preferred. Previous relevant experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.