Location: Newark, Delaware
Registered Nurse (RN) - Radiation Oncology
FT - 40 hours - Day Shift (Hours: 7-3:30 pm; 8-4:30 pm, but requires reflexibility)
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse in Radiation Oncology at the Helen F. Graham Center in Newark, DE.
Radiation Oncology provides services at three (3) locations: Helen F. Graham Cancer Center & Research Institute (HFGCCRI), ChristianaCare Hospital at Newark, DE campuses, and Concord Health Center in Chadds Ford, PA. There are ten (10) Radiation Oncology Registered Nurses responsible for coverage at the three locations, with six nurses scheduled to cover the high volume of patient visits at the main HFGCCRI location in Newark, two nurses covering the high acuity HDR patients at the Hospital and one nurse at the Concord Health location
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic healthcare organizations, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible, and lowering healthcare costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,299 beds), a free-standing emergency department, a Level I trauma center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. It also includes the pioneering Gene Editing Institute and was rated by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. It is continually ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Hospitals. With the unique CareVio data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, etc.
- Two retirement planning offerings, including 403(b) with company contributions
- Generous paid time off with annual roll-over and opportunities to cash out
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and great discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
Education and Requirements:
- Delaware RN License or RN License from a compact state.
- Applicants may be required to obtain a Pennsylvania RN License
- BSN required; or commitment to obtaining within three years of hire date.
- BLS Certification is required.
- ACLS and/or PALS may be required in the future
- Two years of nursing experience is required; nursing experience in Radiation oncology is preferred.
- Certified as an Oncology Nurse (OCN) by the Oncology Nursing Society preferred. If not currently OCN certified, certification should occur within two (2) years.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Standing, sitting, and walking all day. Ability to transfer patients from stretcher to stretcher or treatment table. Weight depends upon the patient - from 100 lbs.+, approximately three times per day. (Lifting laundry bags)
Limited radiation exposure. Potential exposure to infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, and body fluids. Rotation/travel to satellite facilities required. Flexibility to provide patient coverage as necessary with the potential for extended hours. Appropriately wears film badges and exchanges quarterly or as directed.